Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Where were you God, where were you?


           Where were you God, where were you?

I've been waiting...
Watching pain etched on war torn faces
Nameless Places, lives destroyed and obliterated  
Opposition warmongering, rhetoric roaring, fear and loathing.
Where were you God, where were you?
I've been waiting...                                         
Watching pain etched on disaster victims
Vacant faces, hollow eyes, emaciated bodies
Stomachs extended, malnutrition ridden.
Where were you God, where were you?
I've been waiting...
Watching pain etched on friends faces
Weakening, worrying, aching
Body collapsing, limbs twinging
Where were you God, where were you?
I've been waiting...
Watching pain etched in lonely people
In a crowd but yet so alone
Looking for meaning in all the wrong places
Risking life for survival
Where were you God, where were you?
I've been waiting...
Watching the hopeless and helpless
Scavenging for a moment of contentment
Why does it have to be this way
Will you ever act?
I’m in despair... anguish, guilt and failure all around
Where were you God, where were you?
I've been waiting...
Crying, how long lord... how long?
My heart... it waits for you
I scarcely remember when you stood alongside me
A distant memory when you held me
I want to know you...  to cling to you...
to know that you will act...
I want to learn to trust, to hope... my heart though falls
My sorrow is great for what i see around me

Please God... Rescue me... rescue me..

No comments:

Post a Comment